We’re smack dab in the middle of the holiday season – Christmas is coming up fast, New Years is right around the corner, and soon enough we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day. And what makes all of these events even better (especially this time of year when low temperatures are more frequent)? A new fireplace or stove!
Here at Owen’s Chimney, we sell reputable brands of new appliances, such as Regency/Hampton, BAC, Valor, and Real Fyre. Everything we sell is EPA-certified and known for being highly efficient and environmentally responsible. If you’re interested in amping up your living space with us, reach out today. We’d love to set you up right!
Advantages of Owning a Fireplace
There are lots of advantages to having a fireplace in your home, but here are some of the more common things people seem to highlight:
- Improved Aesthetic: Crackling flames, cozy heat, idyllic lighting… it’s hard to beat that cozy and comforting atmosphere that a fireplace in the home offers, especially when the weather outside is less than welcoming.
- Energy Savings: With a fireplace in your home, it’s easier than ever to use zone heating to lower your energy bills. Gather around the warm hearth, and turn down that thermostat – you’ll be sure to notice a difference on your monthly bills!
- Increased Home Value: Once a fireplace is built into your home, it’s safe to say it’s there for good. Some worry this will hurt the value of their home, but in fact the opposite is true! In fact, many homebuyers have reported that they’re willing to pay more for a house with a fireplace already in place – it’s a big item on many’s wishlist!
Advantages of a New Stove
Think a stove might be more your preference? These offer lots of benefits, too! Some include:
- Improved Aesthetic: Stoves are known for their timeless aesthetic, and they offer the same cozy feel that fireplaces are known for. They make an attractive addition to any home, especially with all the different styles and sizes on the market nowadays.
- Energy Savings: As with a fireplace, many take advantage of their stove’s heat by gathering in the living room and turning down the heat throughout the rest of the home.
- Not a Permanent Commitment: While stoves can safely last you well over 10 years, they aren’t a permanent fixture, like a masonry fireplace would be. Some like the permanence of a masonry fireplace, but if that feels like too big of a commitment for you, then a stove might be a perfect alternative.
- Long-Lasting: While not permanent, a stove can still give you plenty of years of enjoyment! If built tough and properly maintained, some are known to last up to two decades.
Wood or Gas: Which is Better for Me?
Now, a big decision many have to make once they’ve decided to invest in a new heating appliance is what type of fuel they’d like. The big question usually comes down to two options – wood or gas.
With a wood-burning system, the biggest draw is the classic ambiance it offers. While other fuels come close to replicating the look of a real fire, there’s simply no mirroring the sounds and smells that come with burning well-seasoned wood.
Modern wood systems are also known for being much more energy-efficient than older models. In the past, you’d lose tons of heat out of the chimney, but nowadays, experts have fine-tuned these appliances to keep your home as warm as possible.
That said, with these advantages comes some work. You’ll need to store logs, haul them inside, build your fires, scoop fireplace ash, and make sure everything is safely extinguished before calling it quits for the day.
For some, these extra steps only add to the experience, and they’re more than happy to put in the time! For others, they want something simpler. Cue gas-burning systems.
Gas-fueled appliances are super easy to operate. With the flip of a switch or push of a button, you’ve got heat and realistic looking flames! They’re also known for their efficiency. You won’t be losing out on heat anytime soon.
You also have the advantage of steady, continuous heat. No throwing more logs on the fire and no worry about flames dying down. Just sit back and relax! And when the time comes to go to the bed or leave the house, just flip it off and you’re good to go.
If you have yet to get yourself a gift this holiday season, treat yourself to a new stove or fireplace today. The award-winning team here at Owen’s is known for offering exceptional service, and we take pride in staying educated and on top of any industry news.
What are you waiting for? We’re standing by and ready to help you out every step of the way – call today!