CALL US TODAY
Relining and Restoration for a Worn Out Chimney
Just like most things, over time, chimneys wear down and can require more than yearly maintenance. This is often the case in areas that have a lot of rain and wind but it can also happen when a chimney has not been constructed well or there has been a major weather event, That could be anything from a tornado, hurricane or even just heavy rain or flooding. When this happens it means your chimney may need relining or restoring to some degree.
Relining is pretty straight forward. The liner is either damaged or, in some older chimney appliances, nonexistent. What is recommended is a stainless steel liner but there are other options that are available to you as well.
Chimney restoration can include anything from chimney repairs and rebuilds, flashing, waterproofing the chimney and repairing or restoring the flue. We always show and give you pictures so you see what is going on with your appliance along with recommended repairs and services. This enables you to make the best decision for you and your family.
Chimney Restoration and Relining Services available at Owens Chimney Systems
- HeatShield® – an affordable way to restore a clay liner.
- Stainless Steel Relining – is recommended because it comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- Golden Flue – a lightweight concrete bond that adheres to your existing chimney structure to give it additional strength and durability.
- Chimney Repairs – repairs can be made from the firebox to the stack to totally renovate or just repair bricks that need repairing or replaced.
- Chimney Flashing – rusted flashing is a major factor when your roof is leaking where the chimney stack meets the roof line.
- Water Repellent – water wears down masonry over time and the chimney stack can be protected from this element rather easily.
If you have any additional questions in regard to any of the restoration or relining services, please contact us. We have a staff on hand to answer your questions and schedule an appointment to get a certified technician out to take a look at your chimney problem.
If you have now scheduled an annual chimney cleaning or inspection service for the year, we can take care of that for you while we are out looking at any problem you might have. If you are looking for a hard-to-find or specialty item like a fireback, let us know. We can normally find what you’re looking for and get prices.